Behind Hollywood Cultural Arts center on the beach
1301 S Ocean Dr
Hollywood, FL 33019
How to find us: A1A turn onto Azalea terrace park behind the Cultural Center and walk onto beach. Look for the people wearing white
Every Full Moon the Kundalini Miami Yoga Instructors put together a wonderful gathering on the beach in honor of the Full Moon.
The full moon is a perfect time to channel the fullness of emotions to devotion and open our heart centers.
Join us for an evening of kundalini yoga and meditation, and by the time we’re done the Moon is just rising and since we sit facing the ocean we have front row view, its just beautiful!
On February 23, the Sun, drifting through seductive and dreamy Pisces, forms a sextile to powerfully persuasive Pluto. While the word ‘sextile’ may sound enticing, all it means is that Pluto will be at a 60-degree angle to the Sun, and that its intense magnetism will boost the Pisces Sun in a way that brings real results. Now is the time to use your good judgment and personal power wisely to get the maximum advantage of these favorable conditions!
Have you been wrestling with dilemmas and tensions since late December? This was probably the influence of Pluto being conjunct to (or within) the same degree as the Sun. Pluto’s current activity suggests this is the time to get it all together! You are now in control … but not in an aggressive or obvious manner. You’ve learned a few lessons and you will not be caught in the same way as before. Pluto is too subtle for that. Now is the time to smile sweetly, knowing you can pull all the right strings and make everyone dance to your tune. Whether it be a crisis at work or a romantic situation, you will know how to use your personal power and get things done. This special configuration of the planets gives your inner core all the strength it needs.
Meditation results in holistic health. It gives good health on the physical, mental and emotional levels. Specific health benefits reported by some who meditate are:
1. The stabilization of high or low blood pressure, blood sugar, body heat and
2. The balancing of mind/body rhythms.
3. Reduction of muscle tension, stronger bones, immunity from disease.
4. Cleansing – quicker elimination of toxins and body waste.
5. Overcoming insomnia and improved quality of sleep.
6. Enhanced energy, increased work capacity.
7. Longer life span – improved body metabolism and body cells with a longer life span.
8. Secretion of healthy body chemicals – increased secretion of natural anti-depressants, enhanced secretion of endorphins, the body’s ‘happy chemicals’.
9. Relationships – Meditation inherently puts you in tune with yourself and others. The direct result of this is deeper, more meaningful interpersonal relationships with family, friends and with everyone you encounter in your daily life.
10. Intelligence – To work efficiently, one needs intelligence. Meditation ignites your innate intelligence making you more aware and sharp. The natural result of this is improved, efficient and effortless performance in whatever you do.
11. Creativity – Each of us holds within us an undiscovered treasure of talent and potential. Meditation reveals and helps you realize your inner talents and latent creativity.
12. Authenticity – Meditation allows you to touch base with the real you, and makes you realize your uniqueness. Self-confidence then becomes a natural by-product.
13. Balance – Most of us live life as a roller-coaster ride, held in the sway of emotions like worry, jealousy, discontentment, fear, anger, guilt, etc. over which we have no control. Meditation enables you to be centered in yourself, have a solid inner balance and thus be the master of your own self.
14. Relaxation, peace, bliss – A natural byproduct of meditation is something we spend almost a lifetime trying to attain: inner relaxation and peace. With meditation, you automatically drop out of the vicious cycle of fear, greed and stress, and enter the virtuous cycle of bliss.
15. Holistic spiritual growth – To measure intellect, we have IQ or Intelligence Quotient, which is measured by many standardized tests. Of late, another measure is gaining importance, especially in the corporate world, namely EQ or Emotional Quotient. However, the most important factor of our lives which is inner satisfaction and fulfillment, is what matters at the end of the day. Meditation enhances this very important factor of life – SQ or Spiritual Quotient – besides also increasing IQ and EQ.
16. Life – As of now, our mental setup is rigid and reflects our personality. Because of this self-image we carry in our minds, we face a lot of troubles in life and are not able to enjoy life completely. Meditation simply reprograms the software of the mind so that we can live life completely.
17. Ultimate potential – You are like an airplane with the potential to fly, but you think you are an ox-cart because you have not actualized your potential. Meditation simply makes you realize and experience who you really are and the enormous capabilities you are born with.
“See this world as a free world, and see everyone in it as trying—through their individual experiences—to find their way back to that calling, back to that Source Energy. And even though there are billions of them going about it in a way that is different than you would choose, there’s no right or wrong way. In other words, bless them all, and get on with the only thing you have any power about, which is opening or closing your vortex to your natural state of Well-Being.”
Excerpted from the workshop in San Francisco, CA on Saturday, February 28th, 2004
Today we celebrate the gathering of the Light and its return. Slowly the days will be getting warmer and the land begin to prepare for new bloom …its certainly reason to celebrate!!!
Today light all your candles, open your curtains and let the natural sunlight in, welcome the light into our life by practicing gratitude for the bounties received continuously and abundantly. Sing, dance, laugh, read poetry, make up your own and let the natural self from within you emerge and feast in life!
CLICK HERE for more information about the beautiful celebration of Imbolc, the Festival of Lights
Imbolc is the time when things stir beneath the surface. It is the time of infinite possibilities for the new cycle of life and creativity, when energies are still gathering in the astral, preparing to manifest. The celebration is sacred to Brigid, goddess of smithcraft, poetry, and healing. Take time to concentrate on what you wish to manifest in the coming year. What needs craftwork applied to it, on any level? Can you sing or write it ito existence? Does any healing need to happen in your life?
Decorate your altar in red and white. Place a bowl of white roses in the center, flanked by red candles. Write a poem dedicated to Brigid. Don’t worry , it doesn’t need to rhyme–it only needs to be from the heart! Take a specially painted and prepared pot of earth and place several seeds in it. Let each seed represent something you wish to manifest. Honor and nurture these seedlings. Take a glass bowl filled with clean water and a handful of small, clear crystals. Name each crystal for something in your life that needs to be healed and drop them one by one into the bowl. As each healing occurs, remove that crystal. When the bowl is empty, pour away the water. –Cerridwen Iris Shea